Saturday, January 24, 2009

ACCESS


ACCESS (Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators, & Students Statewide) is a learning initiative that provides high quality classroom courses and teachers via technology. Full implementation of ACCESS in the Fall of 2006, ensured that Alabama students, especially those in smaller, rural schools, would have the ability to take advanced level courses and electives that might not otherwise be available to them."
"Delivering web-based courses with multimedia content, interactive videoconferencing (IVC) courses with two-way audio and video, blended courses with both web-based and IVC components, ACCESS provides a distance learning option that is opening doors for Alabama students."
As with ALEX I was very impressed with this program also. As stated earlier, every child is given a chance and opportunity to take courses that otherwise would not be offered to them. This program gives new meaning to the statement "no child left behind."

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Wakeman,

    I'm so proud of blog. I've been going over the information again and again. I did this blog by myself, though it took me a minute. I'm so proud of myself. How you like me now? (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you just FINE. Excellent work!! Practice and repetition is the key to success. Your'e going to do great! 20/20

    ReplyDelete